LEAVE NO TRACE
- The Secret Garden Party is a Leave No Trace event. This means you should leave the site EXACTLY the way you found it when you arrived.
- YOU are collectively responsible for the state of the site. We are trying to encourage collective responsibility for the land. If you brought it with you, please take it away at the end of the show.
- If you see that your neighbour doesn’t understand the leave no trace policy, have a quiet word and explain it to them nicely. It will make it much nicer for everyone.
- All cold drinks at SGP are served in reusable cups. Please make sure you don’t throw them in the bin
- All food and hot drinks at SGP are served in compostable containers – and cutlery/napkins are also compostable. When you’ve finished food or drink from our traders, throw everything into the “compost” bin
- Oh and by the way…our generators are all powered by recycled cooking oil…
- Your litter bond will be refunded on presentation of one bag of General Waste and one bag of Recycling at the Litter Bond points.
- Recyclable waste at SGP is the same as at home. Please put cardboard, plastics, metals, and paper into the recycling bins.
- Please make sure you bring a reusable water bottle. You will not be able to purchase sealable single-use water bottles on-site. Canned water will be available from bars.
- It’s vital that you take your tent home with you and re-use it, as this is one of the biggest sources of landfill waste at music festivals. If your tent is completely broken after the festival, please pack it up and drop it off at one of our waste stations.
DON'T BE A DICK
Do we really need to explain this one?
- Decide your own life, don’t let another person run or rule you.
- Behave honourably at all times and respect the local law and officials.
- Do not take advantage of someone who is in a vulnerable situation.
- Do not allow yourself to become a stupid drunk and set a bad example for the treatment of other Gardeners
- Always respect nature; do not leave rubbish where you are playing.
- You are in a community, pitch in and help.
- Try to stay clean.
- If you haven’t come to learn, come to teach.
- When travelling, take your trip respectfully, take no personal chances & cause no problems.
- Do not allow other Gardeners to harm anyone, expose all abusers to authorities.
- People who intentionally cause harm to others are the worst people to infest any society.
- Help all who are lost, and try to induce them to return home.
- Look after your fellow Gardeners whenever and wherever needed, you may need their help someday.
We’re excited to welcome you back to Secret Garden Party for the first time in 5 years! A lot has happened since we last partied together, and so we thought we would remind you about our ethos and ground rules.
Everyone deserves a fun and ultimately safe environment, and we have been thinking about the best ways to look after our Gardeners and help you to look after each other. Besides our general rules and ethos, this year we will be doing a few extra things to keep you all safe.
The Loop will be present this year and testing any drugs deposited in their on-site surrender boxes. Information will be shared across site regarding any high strength, mis-sold or otherwise particularly dangerous substances in circulation. If anything especially concerning is identified then a drug alert will be published.
The Loop will also be offering drugs information, counselling and support.
Ask for Angela
We want every Gardener to feel safe. If at any point you feel uncomfortable in a situation please approach any member of festival staff and ask if Angela is working. Our team will make sure that you are quietly and quickly removed from the situation and taken to a safe location away from the person(s) or scenario.
Please look out for each other. Don’t be a passive bystander!
No Means No!
Don’t be that person! Remember ‘no’ can be said in lots of different ways other than a simple “no”! Anything other than a straight up resounding and enthusiastic “YES!” is a No. Be an ally to your friends and fellow Gardeners and call out any inappropriate behaviour. Consent is key – always ask and most importantly respect the answer.
Every allegation of sexual assault or harassment will be taken seriously. SGP will take a survivor-led approach, and will work with appropriate authorities to ensure that the survivor’s complaint is acted upon promptly and investigated. We are there to support you in every way possible!
Look out for your fellow gardeners, don’t forget the 4 D’s! Distract – Approach victims with a reason for them to leave a situation; Direct – take direct action and call out bad behaviour; Delay – check in on a person after the event to make sure they’re OK – it’s never too late to check in; Delegate – report the situation to a member of the SGP team
Our lovely friends at PsyCare UK will be providing on site welfare and harm reduction facilities for all of you Gardeners – so if you feel anxious, out of it, overwhelmed, lost, sad, stressed or alone please give them a visit and they will provide a safe and supportive space to give you the time and support that you need. PsyCare are providing the following:
- Welfare Tent – Welfare facilities will be on hand for anyone who feels overwhelmed, out of it or has over-indulged and is in need of rest and respite
- Harm Reduction Tent – An outreach space providing resources and information relating to topics such as harm reduction, alcohol and other drugs, sexual & mental health as well as providing free condoms, sanitary products and other welfare must-haves! This space will also host a discussion and outreach area for conversations around important topics such as consent and respecting boundaries.
- Sanctuary Tents – There will be two tranquil sanctuary tents providing secluded, calm settings to support people through mental health crises or particularly challenging psychedelic experiences
- Safe Space – A private, comfortable and secure space will be available for any person who may have been affected by harassment, sexual assault or violence, domestic abuse, spiking or other sensitive issues requiring suppo
My Black Dog
It’s been a tough few years baby! Lots of us have been feeling the impact on our mental health and so My Black Dog has been invited along to provide mental health information about their service for all of our Gardeners. If you’re struggling in any way, and would like to find out more about what they offer, or just find out more about getting help with your mental health stop by for a chat.
Diverse UK is an independent organisation run for and by people that identify as Autistic. Diverse want to grow a friendly neuro-diverse connected community through social activities, interests and social media. Diverse will be hosting a space and running activities to get involved with.
Try to remember, that after all…
This is a Serious Party.
What is this year's theme?
ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE
The Line Up...
What's the lineup for the festival? Who's performing and when are they on?
- It’s a secret
- The Lineup will not be released in advance
- We will release each days lineup at 12:01am on that day only – on this website.
- We have some killer stuff for you to see. Its a SURPRISE!
Where can I buy a ticket to the festival?
Unfortunately tickets to the festival are completely sold out…
Take your Gran out to the local Garden centre instead.
Can I bring my kids to the festival?
No. Children aren’t allowed on-site this year. This means no under 18’s at all I’m afraid.
If you are lucky enough to look under 18… then enjoy it while you can as it really doesn’t last very long.
Can I bring my dog?
- Only if you have purchased a ticket for them.
- Dog tickets are also sold out.
- Dogs cannot come unaccompanied. They must have their owner with them. Even Lassie.
- People cannot use dog tickets, no matter how good your disguise. We have trained all our door staff specifically to tell the difference.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. See above.
Can I apply to participate or volunteer?
Applications to participate and contribute art are now closed.
You can offer to volunteer here.
I have bought 2 tickets under my name - do I need to change the name on one of them?
- Yes. It is very important that you do.
- Each ticket applies to a single person. It needs to be in their own name.
- You can buy 2 tickets for yourself and try to come twice if you like, although we would not recommend it.
- Older attendees may need assistance to achieve this. Please see your doctor before taking any prescibed medicines.
How do I change the name on my ticket?
- To change the name on your ticket(s), log in to your TicketSellers account here.
- If you have forgotten your login details, click on “Need help logging in?”. On the next screen, enter the email address that you used to create your account and click “Email Link”.
- You will then receive an email that will ask you to reset your password and, once reset, you can log in to your account.
- When you’ve logged in to your account successfully, click on “Edit ticket holder details”; this will be in a green box at the top of your account dashboard.
- Make sure you are logged in to the correct account before doing this.
- Identify the ticket(s) that you wish to change the details for and enter the correct details in the relevant field(s).
- Once you’re happy with the new details you have entered, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Save”.
- Your details have now been updated and no further action is required.
- Please note that once you have made any change to your ticket(s), that change is final and cannot be undone, so ensure any spelling or grammar errors have been rectified before you click “Save”.
- You will only be able to make changes until Friday 24th June, so please ensure that you have logged in with enough time to spare. After this date passes, you will no longer be able to make changes.
Do I need to change the age on my ticket if its incorrect?
We really don’t care how old you are…(As long as you are over 18 that is).
So we do care… But only a little bit.
How do I sell my ticket?
- This will be available from May 20th until June 24th.
- You need to log into the ticketsellers website here.
- Click ‘Find out how to sell your tickets’
- Select the tickets
- Click ‘Generate resale link’
- The link won’t be automatically public, so it needs to be shared with potential buyers online.
- The ticket can only be listed at its original price. If you resell it, you’ll be refund you the face value (so less any fees)
- It can take Ticketsellers up to 28 days to issue your refund.
- You cannot buy tickets or resell your ticket any other way than this – use the prcess above!
- If in doubt, contact Ticketsellers here.
Where are my Tickets?
- Don’t Panic! You will receive your tickets by email to the address that you have supplied prior to the event.
- If in doubt, contact Ticketsellers here.
Travel and Arrival
How do I get there?
Can I bring my car?
- Yes of course – but you must buy a car park ticket from here.
- You must buy a parking pass before you are allowed on site.
- One pass is required per vehicle
- We strongly encourage you to car share where possible…
Do you have electric car charging points?
We’re sorry we don’t have any electric car charging points yet. We’ll keep working on a solution for this.
Can I use public transport to get there?
Bus transport will be available to and from Huntingdon Train station on Thursday and Monday. On other days there will be private hire taxis waiting at the station.
We offer Green incentives for Gardeners travelling on public transport; many traders will offer a discount and you may win a meal for 2 at our onsite restaurant Wingmans.
Can I come by coach?
Big Green Coach are back as our Official Travel Partner, offering WEEKEND RETURN COACH SERVICES from 10 pick-up locations.
All coaches arrive on Thursday in time to find the perfect camping spot and get you home on Monday morning. Don’t worry, you can sleep all the way back.
If you’re travelling from London, you can choose to arrive on Thursday OR Friday.
Get dropped right inside the festival gates. No one gets you closer.
Forget being designated driver. Leave the car at home, all coach services are Carbon Neutral.
Skint? No worries. Secure your seat for a tenner and pay the rest later!
Pick up locations; Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Coventry, Crawley, London, Manchester, Oxford, Stockport and Swindon.
All Big Green Coach services to Secret Garden Party are CARBON NEUTRAL.
As an added benefit of arriving by coach, you will be added to the 2022 Green Traveller Incentives which include:
Mac n Cheese – free topping
Chunky Chips and Wicked Dips – free dip
Hannah’s Toast Box – Free cup of tea with any toastie (any tea)
Exotic Tagine – £1 discount on any meal
Greenbox Company – 10% discount
Burger Theory – Free chips with a burger
Van Dough – 10% off any pizza
The Horsebox – 10% off coffee
Cookie Dough – 10% discount
Peckish Peacock – £1 discount off any of our food boxes and a cup of tea for £1 instead of £1.50
Cold Start Coffee – 10% off
Nurses – £1 off drinks
Diamond Dogs – extra toppings and sauces
Vegan Vice – free fries with any burger
Copperhouse Chocolate – discount for bringing own mugs
Exotic Tagine – 50p off a meal
La Bonne Crepe – 20% discount
Lola’s Fish and Chips – 10% off
Paellaria – full portion for the price of a child’s portion
City Animalz – 10% off
Junk of Manchester 10% discount
Priya – free incense with purchase
Esoteric – free gift with any purchase
Forage – 10% discount
Groove and Gold – Small flower motif on cheek or chest. Either a real pressed flower or paint
Gypsy G – discount (need to check how much)
Kate and Aud – 10% discount
Out of the Ordinary – £5 voucher to spend in shop
Shaboutique – 10% off
Smoking Gun Vintage – free bandana with every purchase
Sophie Nina – free gift with every purchase
State of Disarray – we will plant a tree for every green traveller who shows their card at the festival. (we have already planted over 23k trees!
Supernice – 15% discount
Goldsmiths – 10% off all purchases in store at the festival and on our website
Douce Hair Salon – 20% discount
Burnt Soul (only available in Boutique Camping) – 10% discount.
What are the gate opening times?
- Gates open from 8am Thursday 21st July.
- Campsites open at 10am.
- Arenas will be open from 12 noon Thursday.
- Arenas close on Monday morning
- Campsites close at 1pm Monday.
- No entry or re-entry to site each day between 10pm-8am.
- No first time entry to site after 4pm Sunday.
Can I stay off site and come in each day?
Yes. Gates open at 8am and shut at 10pm.
You can still leave between these times, but you can’t get back in until the morning
Can I leave the festival before it finishes?
Okay. Yes you can but you will need a very good reason and a note from your mum.
Is there a site map?
X marks the spot.
How do I move all of my stuff to the campsite?
To save you trekking with any heavy bags we have trolleys. These will allow you to carry all your belongings to the campsite with ease.
These are £7 to hire (plus a £50 cash deposit).
Dont forget to bring the deposit, you will probably be able to find something to spend it on over the weekend…
Alternatively, if you have monumental powers of restraint, you could save it and use it as a deposit for your trolley on the way out…
You dont need to book in advance, if you need it there is more info here
So go get a trolley, before you get trolleyed.
Can I camp at SGP?
- An adult ticket includes entry to the festival with 4 nights of camping in your own tent.
- No gazebos please.
- Camping will be first come first served within our campsite areas.
Where is the best place to camp?
In a tent, in the campsite.
Do you offer a boutique camping experience?
Of course. We even have butlers. Book your accomodation here.
Please remember not to pass the port to starboard whilst on site, or we will be forced to ask if you are known to the Bishop of Norwich.
Can I bring my own tent and camp in Boutique camping?
No, but you can bring your own tent and camp with everyone else.
In the camp site…
To clarify that point – everyone else obviously isn’t going to be in your tent.
Can I buy a camper van ticket?
No. Unfortunately camper van tickets are completely sold out. We have no more room left in the camper van field. Really.
Can I pitch my tent next to my mates camper van?
No. For safety reasons this is not a good idea, so it is not allowed.
You will find that having your tent run over at 3am by a converted bus tends to ruin your festival experience. Just saying…
Can I bring a caravan?
- Space is super limited in the camper van field, so if you have a camper van ticket…its for a camper van.
Unfortunately we simply dont have the room for cars, caravans and awnings.
- If you are a member of the ‘Caravan Club’ then you are probably still reeling from the drastic 2017 change of name to the ‘Caravan and Motorhome club’. Five years on and they have taken over and pushed you out. Ouch.
Still… you probably still have a nice sticker in the window of your caravan from years gone by. Enjoy.
What toilets / showers do you have?
We provide use of ample portable toilets for all festival guests.
Showers can be paid for on site as needed.
Access to special loos, hairwashing and pampering areas can be booked in advance with ‘When Nature Calls’ here.
I have a When Nature Calls wristband - where should I camp?
In the North West corner of East camping
The South East corner of North camping
Is there power in the camper van field?
No. Its a field. Livestock dont usually need hairdryers etc.
Do you have a contact person for accessibility requests?
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for all.
We are a fully inclusive festival.
Please email email@example.com to further discuss your needs and how we can accommodate them.
I require accessibility assistance. How do I get a ticket for my Personal Assistant?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to apply for a PA ticket should you need one.
What to bring
What do I need to bring with me?
- Your ticket. Don’t forget this.
- ID. A Challenge 25 policy will be in place for the event.
Please bring either a passport, driving licence or Citizen card. A photocopy will not suffice
- A Tent.
- Clothes. Bring one outfit for every season (cold / hot / wet weather, swimmers). Party outfit.
- Card for payments (many of the vendors do not take cash)
- Booze – you are welcome to bring a limited amount canned of alcohol on site to enjoy in the campsites on first entry only.
Maximum of – 8 cans of beer / lager / cider OR 4 cans of wine – NO spirits /hard liquor.
No decanted drinks.
Your own drinks will not be permitted in the arena, campsite consumption only.
- Mobile Phone and Power bank. Phone charging is available on site. You can book here
- Sun cream, pain relief, plasters, medication, contraception.
- Refillable water bottle – drinking water taps will be provided. You can buy an SGP Ocean bottle from here
- Love and imagination
- Presents. Who doesnt like presents?
What NOT to bring
What shouldn't I bring with me?
- No Illegal substances
- No independent sound systems
- No Generators
- No Items to sell
- No Illegal Substances
- No weapons
- No barbeques or meth stoves: gas camping stoves only. No single camping gas to be larger than 300g
- No Nitrous Oxide canisters or dispensers. Really.
- No Glass. Please try to avoid single use plastics.
- No professional film, video or audio recording equipment is allowed on site without prior permission.
This includes all cameras with a detachable zoom lens.
All car parks and gate areas, and event areas are included.
- No spray paint. Don’t even think about it…
- No fireworks, flares or pyrotechnic devices
- No sky lanterns, drones or UAVs of any kind
- No Dogs without purchase of a dog ticket.
- No Personal Electric Vehicles
- No Caravans / trailer tents / trailers.
- No Bongos.
Is it going to be any good this year?
I rather think that’s up to you lot… isn’t it?
What's the weather going to be like?
The festival is located in England.
Is it in yet?
Still have a question?
Have your read everything in this FAQ? Really...Promise?
Ok. If the answer is in there we’ll be forced to telll you that repeatedly. When we reply.
If its not, and you truly need to know something special – then email us at email@example.com